We are an NCC Education accredited partner in Malaysia and the only partner who offers Post Graduate programme in South East Asia. NCC Education is a global provider and awarding body of British education. NCC provides the complete education solution to over 200 Accredited Partner Centres in more than 45 countries worldwide. Our aim is to provide students with affordable qualifications in Business and IT, from foundation through to degree, master's level and beyond.
Our flexible approach to providing the International Degree Pathway allows students to enter or leave their degree journey at their own pace and receive a certificate for their achievements at each stage. We offer qualifications that give our students the academic knowledge and complementary practical skills to reach their career aspirations.
English proficiency is a crucial criteria in order to get a placement in our programme. An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required.
We are flexible in addressing your needs. We provide you various options for you to fulfill the programme prerequisite.
Easy Payment Scheme is available. Call us today to find out more.
This programme is a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business Information Technology (PgD SBIT) that is designed for IT and computing graduates or IT practitioners who wish to further develop their career.The programme covers a wide range of contemporary issues and develops the critical , analytical and the technical skills needed by senior staff. This programme will also develop the academic skills required for further study at master's level.
Students whose first language is not English will need an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, as outlined in the NCC Education English Requirements for Postgraduate Entry document.To view this document, please visit the programme page on the NCC Education website at www.nccedu.com.
Route 1 (Academic)
UK bachelor's degree with honours (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject. IT graduates who hold a bachelor's ordinary or pass-level degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject with exceptionally high marks may be considered for admission, at the discretion of NCC Education.
Route 2 (Conversion)
UK bachelor's degree with honours in a non-IT-related subject (or equivalent) AND
Three years' work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility.
Route 3 (Vocational)
Five years' work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility AND
The ability to demonstrate suitability for academic study, via personal or telephone interview with the Course Coordinator at the student's Accredited Partner Centre.
To complete the programme, students must pass four 30-credit modules, each of which requires an average of 300 hours of study. Around 96 hours of this study are based in the classroom (lectures, seminars, tutorials and laboratory sessions), with the remainder spent in private study. In normal full time delivery, this programme is delivered in two 15-week semesters (12 teaching weeks) - two modules being conducted in each semester, This model can be adapted to other modes of delivery for full and part-time students.
Students must study the following four core modules:
- Research in Information Technology: Reflecting on the application of research approaches and communicating research findings in a suitable format for dissemination.
- Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure: An overall view of how information technology is used within industrial enterprises, what is meant by 'enterprise software' and how it is incorporated within the underlying IT infrastructure?
- Strategic Information Systems Analysis: The concept of strategic information systems and how they may be deployed and managed in such a way that supports, enhances and is consistent with, the overall business strategy.
- Project Management: Managing and controlling IT projects in commercial environments.
Assessments for all modules will be offered in four assessment cycles each year (March, June, September and December).
- Research in Information Technology - assessed by 60% written assignment and 40% group assignment .
- Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure - assessed by 30% exam and 70% written assignment.
- Strategic Information Systems Analysis - assessed by 30% exam and 70% written assignment.
- Project Management - assessed by 30% exam and 70% group project assignment.
The PgD SBIT will be awarded when a student has successfully passed all four modules. A module is passed when an overall module mark of 40% or more is attained, with a mark of 30% or more achieved in both assessment components.
Normally one year full time or two years part-time.
- Classroom at Charleston Management Centre, or
- Online (via Webex). Webex is a video conferencing system from Cisco. All you need is a multimedia capabled PC/Notebook with a broadband connectivity and a standard browser.
Successful graduates of the PgD SBIT can apply for the Master's Degree in Strategic Business Information Systems (MSc SBIS) or other Master's degree programmes with most of the UK universities. The University of Hertfordshire offers an online MSc SBIT top up for those who wish to continue their studies in their home country.Students may also wish to take advantage of the opportunities to study and live in the UK while completing their master's degree at a UK university. NCC Education's PgD SBIT programme is recognised for progression to MSc programmes with the University of Hertfordshire, University of Greenwich and University of Gloucestershire. Alternatiely the qualification is designed to allow entry to and/or enhance progression in a wide range of management roles in IT.
This programme aims to equip graduates with the necessary abilities to analyze complex and interactive issues and develop the skills and knowledge to undertake IT management responsibilities and senior roles. It will also provided students with an understanding of the strategic issues associated with business operating within the modern IT environment.
- Learn best examples of work practice in preparation for senior business roles
- Understand IT issues affecting global business today
- Programme taught 100% online
- Affordable route to acquiring a Master's degree
- Progress to senior management positions in the IT profession
- Access to professional online lectures
- Study online through 'StudyNet', a state-of- the- art virtual learning environment
- Attain a Master's degree from University of Hertfordshire, a reputable UK university
The University of Hertfordshire's history goes back to 1952. As the leading business-facing university in the UK, the University of Hertfordshire is focused on developing new and creative approaches to learning, teaching and research with a commitment to adding value to employers, enterprise and regional, national and international economies. The University of Hertfordshire is a leader amongst UK universities in the use of electronic systems to support learning. With a student community of 24,500, including more than 2,000 international students from over 85 countries, the university has a global network of over 165,000 alumni. In 2009, The Independent newspaper's league table positioned the university 45 out of 113 universities and made reference to providing excellent research and facilities. In The Good University Guide in The Times, the University was ranked 66 out of 114 UK universities and was highlighted as one of the 'biggest climbers' for 2009
The StudyNet virtual learning environment is provided by University of Hertfordshire and is accessible 24/7 via the web from any location. Students receive lecture notes, course materials, online-discussion and group work facilities, interactive blogs, communication with tutors and fellow students, access to digital library collections and a personal e-portfolio. StudyNet means students can carry their studies with them and stay in touch from home, work and overseas. The University of Hertfordshire is a leader in the use of electronic systems to support learning.
- NCC Education Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business IT
- An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent
- Two academic references
The MSc is assessed by an online research methods module and a 15,000 word dissertation.
The programme requires an online research methods module and the submission of a dissertation (60 credits).
Between 8 to 12 months depending on the time of entry.
Our programme intakes are in June, September and February.
The programme is delivered 100% online via the University of Hertfordshire's virtual learning environment.
Progress to senior management positions in the IT profession.